Once again, as a family and this year with our friend Emily too, we have decided to take on the challenge of raising money for an orphan this holiday season. What was last year called, "Angel Tree" is now the "Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign." It was very disappointing to learn that little Miss Elsa is still awaiting her forever home, so we accept that as a challenge and will once again raise $1,000 for her adoption fund by the end of December and do all we can to spread the word about this precious girl! The kids are more than excited to do this again, and we can’t wait to successfully complete this challenge with them—with your help!
Elsa is just adorable! She is now 5 years old, and is incredibly charming, and sweet. Elsa has Down syndrome with the expected delays. You can learn a little more about Elsa, or donate to her fund here: http://reecesrainbow.org/86622/elsa
As far as we know, she still lives with a foster family, but just like every child, Elsa deserves to have a family of her own! Elsa has $1,055 in her adoption fund, let’s get that fund at LEAST up to $2,055! There is no shortage of families wishing to adopt these children, only a shortage of funds to do so. The more you are able to give, the better Elsa’s chances are of finding a forever family!
The money goes into a fund that is waiting for her future family to help with all the fees and costs associated with the adoption process. The MACC is a big push every year to get these kids seen (hopefully by their new families!) and money raised, so they are more easily adoptable. It's through Reece's Rainbow, who have helped almost 1,700 special needs kids get adopted since their start in 2006!
There are a few ways to help raise funds, and of course, I am asking for plain and simple donations of any amount, but—
· Give $5 or more and I will give you an “It matters to this one” bracelet.
· Give $35 or more and receive a beautiful photo ornament of Elsa to hang on your tree
· Buy a box of Hand Crafted Greeting Cards—for $33 (including tax) get an organized box of 30 beautiful cards! There are four different boxes to choose from: 2 All Occasion, 1 Thanks & Blanks, and 1 Kids’ Birthday Box. (Ends 12/1!)
· We are making custom monogram ornaments—for $10-$15 donations, they will make great Christmas gifts! (Examples will soon be on our fb group!)
· I am selling customizable, digital word art—emailed to you after your donation for printing and framing. (See album in our fb group for examples/prices, or request something and I will see what I can come up with!)
· I am also selling customizable vinyl (permanent decals, wall art, and t-shirt vinyl)—mailed to you, ready to apply to whatever you choose! For these items I need cash or money sent to my personal paypal email@example.com as a gift, so I can recoup my expenses and donate the rest. (See album in our fb group for examples/prices, or request something and I will see what I can come up with!)
· We are *hopefully* holding a Bake Sale again this year, still working on the details! (The kids are so excited to get busy in the kitchen again and make money for Elsa!)
*With any donation or purchase, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share it with the kids and, if applicable, send you your bracelet or digital print!*
To make this extra fun and involved for the kids, they have a giant Tree that they are coloring and "hanging" ornaments for every $50 raised, all the way up to the star! And, we will be doing another video challenge this year!
|Help Us Decorate Our Tree For Elsa!|
For every $250 we raise, one of the kids will get to pie a parent in the face! When we reach our goal of $1,000, all FOUR kids will get to pie us both again! Help them reach this hilarious goal and we will share the videos as we go!
Donations are tax deductible, and remember, ANYONE can help by praying, posting to Facebook, Twitter, on your blog, and by sharing with friends and family!
Please join and share our fb group: facebook.com/groups/MACCelsa to keep up with all of our fundraising efforts and any new ways to help! Let’s do this, friends!
Ben, Tricia, Noah, Callen, Haylee, Alyson and "Auntie" Emily!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How to Donate to Elsa’s fund!
To donate online visit:
Send your Check/Money Order and the bottom of this form to:
PO Box 277
Monrovia, MD 21770